Friday, February 24, 2006

Creativity Run Amuck

Well, the last few days have been full of creative work for me. Wednesday was our weekly Studio456, and I had not been able to work on doing the kids videos until Wednesday (although I did all the video capturing Tuesday night when I took Joel to soccer practice.) It really took me all day to get the kids videos together (they all turned out pretty awesome - especially making Shelby look like a fire engulfed demon!). I also got a video ready of me teaching from last week. I always teach the kids the same lesson two weeks in a row (the first week they make their videos, and the second week we watch their videos.)

So, since my monitor at the church office is just a step down from horrible, my eyes and head were buggy at the end of the day. We had an awesome Studio456 Wednesday but only had 17 kids. I was disappointed in the low turnout after I had done so much work. I know that families are very busy and kids have schoolwork and some people were sick - I recognize all that and we struggle with those things also, but the simple fact of the matter is that bringing the kids to church is not a high priority for many people and that saddens me and disappoints me.

I love doing children's ministry - kids are always more fun and more interesting than adults! But whether they show up all depends on if the adults think it is important. Sigh.

Well anyway, yesterday I sequenced some tracks for "No Not One" combined with "Leaning on the Everlasting Arms." Thought it would be cool to do some boom-chick hymns with the kids. Also started on sequencing "I'm so wonderfully made." That's going to work out well.

Yesterday I also started on doing a video background for "Deep & Wide." I finished that today, as well as three others. I love doing the music and video stuff, and I could do it all day everyday. I didn't have to get an adult class lesson together this week because of the missions rally, so I had some more time.

Janet Stephens sent me a link about making a green screen out of foam painted green. It might be worth a try. When I get back to the church computer I will post the link on the blog.

My biggest frustration the past few days has been my monitor - I'm going to have to break down and buy one. Darrel and Caroline came over tonight to eat - Darrel helped me fix the stove pipe on our wood-burning stove - it had totally separated.

I am going to start another blog on the homesteading blog site that Jenette uses to keep track of all my stuff about the wanna be farmer/country bumpkin part of my interests. One of these days, I will do a blog posting listing all my varied interests. But, then I probably won't remember them. I have much more to say, but can't think of it right now.

jc


Still having problems with Studio10 and Easy Worship crashing. I really think there is something goofy with my computer. I am going to buy a new monitor from Newegg.

No comments: