Monday, February 27, 2006

Plantar Fascia run amuck

This weekend at the church was pretty awesome. This was our yearly missions weekend and it went well, like it usually does. I was particularly blessed this year because Jim Adams coordinated every bit of my adult class' participation. I need to send him a big thank you.

Andy Hanson from CIY did the combined SS class time, and he talked about the usual CIY stuff, mentioning the pre-teen program Superstart that they had started. I had already checked out Superstart and found it to be too expensive for our group (I might take the kids if it was in Springfield). Maybe they have reduced the price by now, I am not sure. The other reason I wasn't interested in it, was I wasn't sure if having pre-teen CIY events was a good idea or not. I have tried to avoid as much "hype" as I can in my children's ministry. (Although perhaps a little can be good sometimes.)

Anyway, it struck me while he was talking about the importance of Children's Ministry that I have not done much strategic planning - I kind of inherited what we have and am just fumbling around with it. So I am going to work on that this week.

Two more things:

Joel's soccer team finally won their first indoor soccer game 3 - 0. They played so well and it was so fun to watch. The other team was a little too serious I thought. There was a mom of one of the other team's kids up there screaming her head off the whole time (I'm so glad my wife is not a screamer!) I think the kid's name was Cole, maybe. Anyway, there was an old guy up there, and after the mom was getting really crazy yelling at Cole, the old guy said, "Cole, you'd better get going or your mom's going to come down there and kick your butt." Everybody in earshot laughed out loud, and I think that calmed the mom down a little! It was pretty funny!

I talked to Dr. Scott about my problem with my foot and he said it was "Plantar Fascia," which is a latin word for "gimpy foot." He said I need a steroid shot in my foot, which sounds more painful than "plantar fascia." If I walk around on this for a while, does that make me a "plantar fascist?" So Jenette, my professional internet researcher has learned some things that we are going to try to see if it will get better. (She wants to feed me salmon and blueberries spiced with tamerick or something like that. ) Maybe I'll take the shot.

jc

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, I am just going to inject garlic tofu in your little toe; it won't hurt...too much!
Netz. The salmon is for a facial, or we could have it in some Crisco ice-cream. Excuse me, I to go do some deep breathing and face exercises! Netz.