Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Family day

We have begun month two (I guess technically month three) of the bombproof budget. Not going to double debt payments this month because we are buying new tires. But the system is working. Jenette and I spent much of today doing some careful planning for our spending during March. The bombproof budget takes much more work and time in planning than we have done before.

After we spent quite a bit of time doing that, we went to CiCi's, then to Walmart, then we came home. I asked each of the kids to tell me two things they wanted to do today. After making the list, we were able to do at least one thing that each kid (and mom) wanted. (Joy Daisy wanted to go have brunch.)

The boys wanted to make a lego star wars movie, so we set up a little lego movie set and shot probably 100 plus frames of a stop motion video. (Maybe I will post some of those pictures!) Those boys are so creative. We had an awesome time, and we learned some things that will enable us to do even more and better in the future. Once I get the home computer upgraded a bit, we can use Studio 10 here and do the editing at home. For now, we will do the editing on the church office computer.

We also bought a shelf and some baskets for the girls room - they needed some help with storage in their room. It was practically impossible for them to clean their room. I also rearranged their closet a little with stuff I had here already. Their room has been a disaster. Hopefully it will be better now.

Bought some advil today to take for my foot - it does seem to help. We'll see about tomorrow!

jc

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The hard work of budgetting will pay off in the long run. To quote DR "you're changing your family tree!" "Make all your money behave, on paper, on purpose." Plus, the beginnings always the hardest, in a few months you'll be flying through it. Can you tell I love people to be out of debt?
Jlynn

Anonymous said...

I appreciate all of your hard work on the budget...I'm learning some good lessons through all of this.!

Netz.