Monday, April 18, 2005

Walking the Walk - The Biblical Model of Parenting

Well, it has been a few days since I have blogged, but it was mainly because I was getting ready for Sunday's lesson. These lessons have been both a struggle and a joy for me. A struggle, because I am trying to do a good job with it and it is taking a lot of time. I have never written out SS lessons as a manuscript each week before because I never had time. Now I remember why!

But they have been a joy because I am learning and am being challenged by what I am trying to teach. I also have been writing them out because I have been trying to keep them posted on this blog so that more people have access to the lessons. Already people all over the world are reading them and hopefully being challenged as well. (Well, at least my father-in-law in Taiwan has read some - I guess that's "all over the world" isn't it?)

As you read this, I want to challenge you to struggle through the application questions. I asked my boys what they thought about my desire to read and know God's Word - I won't tell you what they said, but it was very humbling.

I'm so glad that my boys are the oldest ones in our clan - although not perfect, they have a growing sense of the love of God in their hearts. We watched the movie "BABE" the other day (it's a pig-flick!) and had a great discussion about the heart issues of pride and humility. When Farmer Hoggett walked through the laughing crowd with a stiff resolve - it reminded me that the world thinks Christians are fools. We talked about this - I was so impressed with the insight that the kids were able to have and the comparisons they made between a movie and real life.

I'll be doing more blogging this week, hopefully. My parents were up this weekend, and they took lots of pictures of baby Jenna, so I'll post some of them when I get them. My parents are awesome - they got up at 4:30 Saturday morning to drive up here and make the boy's soccer game on time.

BTW (for those of you that don't know - that means "by the way"), if you didn't hear BA's sermon Sunday - get the tape - it was an awesome follow up to my sermon the week before and made my sermon much more complete.

Click here for Sunday's Lesson "Walking the Walk - The Biblical Model of Parenting."

If you don't have the Free Adobe Acrobat Reader, you'll need to get that here. Acrobat reader will enable you to read the document (and any PDF file)

This link takes you to the Glendale Christian Church website where I keep my teaching stuff. (I also have the same link on the sidebar.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really appreciate this being available, since I missed class! Also, my mother-n-law also viewed your blog (Alaska, although I will admit it was to see pics of Jenette and Jenna :-) This is a good reminder of me that little pitchers are listening and eyes are always watching.